How to Understand SEN Policy
How to Understand and Apply Reforms in SEN Policy
Following the most radical shakeup in special needs education in 30 years, this book aims to simplify the abundance of new legislation, policy and guidance available to help teachers and parents support their pupils with special educational needs (SEN) and/or disability.
The book contains a wealth of information, as well as interactive tasks, quizzes and handouts that can be used for training purposes.
This book will benefit:
• senior leadership teams, who must review and amend systemic practices to reflect current legislation
• SENCos, who are primarily responsible for the implementation of these changes
• primary and secondary teachers, who must enhance their existing skills in order to support and teach pupils with SEN
• teaching assistants, who may find their role in supporting pupils with SEN has changed as a result of new policies
• parents who wish to understand the impact of policy changes on the education of their child
• governors, who must ensure the school is accountable for implementing these reforms.
Author Lois Addy is the Specialist Lead for Specific Learning Difficulties (SpLD) in North Yorkshire, a SEND Pathfinder.
Customer Feedback - 'This well-written book gives a full picture of SEN development in the UK. It is a must read both for professionals and for teachers working in SEN. It definitely translates SEN law into accessible language and should be used as a bible to understand the new SEN reforms. The book is packed with lots of practical examples which translate the new SEN reforms into action plans which provide a starting point for all SEN specialists to work from. Understanding SEN reform is not easy, but this book assures everyone that there is light at the end of the tunnel.'
Order Ref: ADMT1324811
Call us on 091760446 to order or for a quotation.
Email - email@example.com