Social Skills for Primary Pupils 1
Even young children may suffer from low self-esteem, which can have a detrimental effect on their behaviour and learning. This programme is designed to address the needs of such children at Key Stage 1. It is based around the story of ‘The children who wanted to make their school a better place’ and through the group games, role plays and discussions, children will learn how they can help create a calmer and more positive school environment. During the seven hour-long interactive sessions, pupils will learn:
• to share their opinions on things that matter to them;
• to recognise, name and deal with their feelings;
• to understand that they can make choices and the difference between right and wrong;
• to appreciate how their behaviour affects others;
• to listen to other people and play and work co-operatively;
• to identify and respect the differences and similarities between people.
The programme includes comprehensive teacher scripts and instructions, evaluation sheets, and photocopiable activity sheets. Suitable for 4–7 year olds. Contains 96 A4 pages and two CDs.
Order Ref: ABMT10774